Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Jane's Cozy Strip Quilt

This was another quilt from the fabulous Jane. She gave me instructions to give her feedback about this quilt - it was pieced with lots of bias seams, and she was concerned that there would be wobbliness. Bias seams can be stretchy and are often rascals to manage. The thing is: I couldn't find anything to complain about! As usual, Jane's precision and consistency made my job easy!

For some fun, I rigged up my iPhone and attached it to the front of my longarm quilting machine with a cable tie. Excuse the vibration! This is all free-hand. The only automation is the stitch-regulator, which makes the needle go up and down faster/slower, depending on how fast I move the machine. But the shapes that are being quilted are completely hand-guided and out of my own head.


 




A view from the back of the quilt.
 

I used scraps from one of Jane's other quilts to print up labels for her to affix to future creations.


1 comment:

  1. I love the quilting that you are doing. You are very talented Carrie.

    ReplyDelete