Friday, February 26, 2016

New York Beauty quilt

This dazzler came from a client who actually purchased the quilt top at an inventory reduction sale in Eureka, Montana. Apparently, the original piecer (Cotton Pickin' Quilts) was moving from a traditional "stick" home into a full-time RV lifestyle, so she was drastically downsizing her stash of fabrics, including her UFOs (Un-Finished Objects). Luckily, this lovely piece made it into the hands of someone who will truly appreciate it - my client, Bev. I'm glad she brought it to me to have it quilted. She told me simply to have fun with it. I did!



I used Ribbon Candy in the golden areas around the perimeter of the focal center of the quilt, and also in the gold backgrounds around the stars. Look at all that paper piecing!


Swirls in the background blocks around the star bursts.



Back side.





No comments:

Post a Comment