Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Elenora's Log Cabins

This was a quick and simple all-over quilting assignment for my lovely client, Elenora. Much more easy-peasy than Elenora's last order, which was also a great project to be involved in.

I'm not sure what the actual name of this quilt block is, but I'm calling it a Log Cabin quilt. It's got a similar "start with a square in the middle and then build longer and longer strips around it" style to it. However, the strips are of varying widths, which make the "log cabins" off-center, and then there are also cornerstones - almost like 9-patch. So I'm not really sure WHAT to call this quilt, but I don't care! It's wonderful!

Fun and flirty "peony" pattern to soften up the hard edges and flow through all the straight lights. All quilting is free-motion, hand-guided on an APQS longarm quilting machine.







I'm sad that you see the fold creases so obviously on the back side. I finished this quilt late at night and just draped it over the back of the couch before going to bed. When I laid it out the next morning to take photos, I didn't realize the creases showed up so much. They didn't show up in real life. I didn't even notice them until looking at the photo just now. A little time laying out on a bed, or a shot of steam from an iron would realize the creases easily. 


No comments:

Post a Comment