Wednesday, May 25, 2016

The Sandy Tait Special

This is the second quilt I've done for my client Sandy. She was actually one of the very first strangers who paid me to quilt for her, when I got my longarm quilting machine last August.

Back then, she brought me a quilt that actually had a similar feel to this quilt - lots of squares, very modern and geometric. She looked at my quilting sample books and chose an interlocking squares motif for an all-over quilting pattern. What I didn't tell her at the time (but have since) was that I didn't actually LIKE that quilting motif. When I see very square and straight piecing, I usually recommend a softer, rounder quilting motif, to flow through and around all those straight seams. But I followed her wishes, and ended up eating crow, because the end result was wonderful!

So when she came to me earlier this month and had a new quilt in the same design sense, she requested the same treatment again. And again - I think it turned out great! So from now on, I'm calling this concept - squares on top of squares - the "Sandy Tait Special".

All quilting is free-motion, hand-guided on a longarm quilting machine.





Her back is as lovely as her top!

No comments:

Post a Comment