Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Carol's Astronomy Quilt

My client, Carol, brought me this quilt and told me her husband had actually picked out the fabric for it. I think it is SO striking, and quite unique. I had fun looking at all the celestial words and images as I was working my way through this custom quilting order.

I was particularly pleased with Carol's request to use gold thread on the back. With solid black backing fabric, I normally would have chosen black or almost-black thread. But I LOVE the way this gold thread looks - really classy and sharp!

Used a variety of swirls, ribbon candy, dot-to-dot, serpentine, and continuous curve throughout this project.

All quilting was free-motion, hand-guided on a longarm quilting machine.









I got to try out a new method for a maze in the center of this block that I learned at MQS, a quilting convention I recently attended in Iowa.




1 comment: