Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Pair of Baby Quilts

I met a new quilty friend, Rosemarie, recently, thanks to a recommendation from a non-quilty friend who put us in touch with one another. And right off the bat, Rosemarie, brought me not one but THREE quilts to do for her.

I've had clients bring me what I suspect are "trial" quilts in the past - where they bring one they're not super attached to, to see how well I do with it, just in case I completely mess it up, they haven't ruined a beloved heirloom. And then once they like my first attempt, then they pull out the real show pieces and trust me with them.

And let me be clear, I don't mind this AT ALL. I completely get it. The marriage between piecer and quilter is a tricky match to make, and I don't hold it against anyone if they're hesitant at first and want to make sure we collaborate well. I always say, "we're speaking the same language".

But dear Rosemarie jumped in with both feet with me, and I adore that! I'll talk about the first two quilts in one blog post, because they were actually the exact same piecing pattern. She made them out of different fabrics, and I used different quilting designs. For the Cowboy Teddy Bears, I applied an overall woodgrain motif. And for the Pink Nursery Rhymes quilt, I went with some swirly feathers.

I'll talk about Rosemarie-and-Carrie's third quilt in my next post.

All quilting was free-motion, hand-guided on a longarm quilting machine.









No comments:

Post a Comment