Monday, June 20, 2016

Sarah's Foodgrains quilt

My quilting friend, Sarah, made this quilt to be raffled off at a family event, and all the money will go to the Canadian Foodgrains Bank. Isn't that nice? She used millions (well, okay, maybe I'm exaggerating, but LOTS) of scraps to piece these hearts together into a lovely and very interesting quilt. There is so much for the eyes to feast on!

I applied a simple all-over design of loops and hearts for the quilting. I told Sarah I didn't think it would be worthwhile to spend time doing a lot of detailed custom quilting on it, because I didn't think you'd really SEE it, amongst all those bold prints and color/value differences.

All quilting was free-motion, hand-guided on a longarm quilting machine.





Here's the backside. Almost as cool as the front!

No comments:

Post a Comment