Sunday, July 31, 2016

Linda's Lamb Quilt

My quilty friend, Linda, brought me this baby quilt for her newest grand baby. Isn't it darling? She asked for a custom treatment, but left the details up to me.

I wanted to keep it relatively simple, since the real feature of this quilt is that adorable panel in the center of the piece. I used some loops in the outer-most border. Some geometrical, dot-to-dot quilting and ribbon candy in the yellow border. Piano keys in the printed large border. Outlined the stars and animals in the printed panel, and various textures in the background - loops, swirls, and stippling. I had fun!

All quilting is free-motion, hand-guided on a longarm quilt machine.








This is how empty my bobbin was after the last stitches. Almost perfectly empty!




No comments:

Post a Comment