Sunday, July 31, 2016

Peggy's Soft Baby Quilt

My new client, Peggy, asked me to quilt this piece for her new great-granddaughter, Lauren. I just have to say, I LOVE quilting for babies. Maybe one day, little Lauren will be a quilter, too!

Peggy wanted custom quilting, but left the design choices to me. I applied a whimsical, swirly vine of feathers to the outer border. For the printed panel in the center, I divided up the space with some parallel-line channeling, and then filled the squares-inside-squares with various fillers - peonies, feathers, and swirls.

All quilting was free-motion, hand-guided on a longarm quilting machine.







I regret that the quilting doesn't show up that well on the bold print of that center panel. That's the tricky part of focal-point prints. There are so many colors in them and the prints are so striking that the quilting often gets obscured. But it shows up nicely on the back side!



1 comment: