Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Swoon!

My church-friend, Trish, is a fellow mother of young children and lives a busy life on the go. I didn't even realize she was crafty until I took my girls to Sunday School when she was teaching one Sunday, and she had spread a beautiful quilt on the floor for their bible story time. We got to talking afterward, and low and behold, she's a fellow quilter!

Trish recently brought me three quilts to finish for her. She had pieced them a long time ago and had hoped to quilt them herself, but she had just kept pushing them off when life was demanding more of her attention. I was super happy to help her bring these quilts forward, so they can be ENJOYED!

Here's the first of her three quilts. I'll post the other two in subsequent posts. The pattern for this one was called "Swoon", which is exactly what I want to do! Such gorgeous patterns and colors. Big, bold 16-point stars. I loved quilting edge-to-edge peonies to add some yummy texture.

All my quilting is free-motion, hand-guided on a longarm quilting machine.








No comments:

Post a Comment