Sunday, January 29, 2017

Starry Irish Chain quilt

This was a kit that I purchased from Craftsy.com 2.5 years ago, when I was saving up for my longarm quilting machine. The background space appealed to me, because I could envision adding secondary designs through the quilting. I purchased it, pieced it, and put it in the closet until I got the chance to quilt it. And that chance was this past week!

I replicated the "star" shape from the piecing with quilting in the blank squares. By using some dot-to-dot quilting, I ended up with diamond shapes, which I filled with ribbon candy, and also used orange peal and serpentine throughout the small squares.

I used one layer of Quilter's Dream Poly Select batting, which is very thin and drapey. So, even though it's pretty heavily quilted, this piece is still somewhat cuddly.

My quilting is all free-motion, hand-guided on an APQS longarm quilting machine.








No comments:

Post a Comment