Monday, April 24, 2017

"O Tannenbaum"

This is the third of four quilts that were brought to me by my new client, Heather. This one was actually pieced as a gift FOR Heather, buy her friend, Betty - a very accomplished quilter and adjudicator.

The applique and piecework is excellent quality. It had some really precise, tiny pieces to work with, and Betty handled it perfectly! This pattern is a BOM pattern called "O Tannenbaum", designed by Hilary Gooding.

I had fun embellishing with the quilting. I worked some holly leaves into the outer borders. I only regret that they don't show up better. I wish I would have used a thread in a slightly lighter shade. Lots of ruler work - triangles - in the green and red right triangles throughout the center portion. Some simple serpentine and outlining in the house blocks. Tight swirly filler surrounding the focal point poinsettias in the four corners. And ribbon candy, along with orange peel in the star blocks. I think it'll make a lovely Christmas conversation piece!

My quilting is all free-motion, hand-guided on a longarm quilting machine.












No comments:

Post a Comment