Thursday, September 7, 2017

Joy's Floral quilt

This is another quilt that Joy pieced on a quilting cruise. Doesn't that sound divine? A quilting CRUISE! They cruised from Vancouver to Hawaii (I think I'm remembering that right), and while at sea, they quilted in the ship's ballroom, by day and by night. I wanna go!

In this case, the designer of this gorgeous fabric line was also the teacher of the class, as they pieced this quilt top. How cool!

This quilting project seemed like it took me forever in some ways. When I got into outlining the stems and pedals of all the flowers on the center panel, I didn't know if I would ever find my way out. But I think the effect is worth it. I used some of the wavy-line motifs that I learned earlier this summer in a class taught by a quilting hero of mine, Angela Walters. Fun, fun, fun!









Here you get a good look at the front of the "Effortless Binding" I applied to this quilt (above), and also the back (below). It's just a straight stitch. I'm having so much fun getting the hang of my new tool that rolls a double-fold binding WHILE I'm stitching it to the front AND back of the quilt simultaneously. Joy brought me un-cut yardage fabric, and the quilt went back to her completely finished and ready to use. Easy Peasy!



No comments:

Post a Comment