Wednesday, October 25, 2017

"Feathers In Many Forms" Class Sample

I recently taught the second of three sessions in a series of "Free-Motion Quilting" classes at Rumpled Quilt Skins in Okotoks, Alberta. This second class was focused mainly on traditional feathers - a very classic quilting technique, plus a few extra motifs.

For the first "beginner" class back in September, I had several quilts on hand that I could show-and-share to exhibit real-life examples. But I didn't really have many examples of feather motifs on-hand, so I decided to make a "class sample". I incorporated three different kinds of feathers, four kinds of spines, five kinds of fillers around the feathers, and two different blocked feather wreaths.

I just love feathers! And I loved sharing this class with the students who attended. There's one more session in my FMQ series at RQS. It will be "Intro To Custom Quilting" on November 25. Scroll to the bottom of this page for more information. If you're interested in the class but not available that afternoon, please do still call RQS and express your interest. If there's enough registrants, we may again split the students into two sections - a morning and an afternoon.













No comments:

Post a Comment