Thursday, October 12, 2017

Renee On The Fly - #1

My quilting friend, Renee, recently contacted me to see if she could drop off a couple quilts. She lives in Washington, but she was visiting family nearby for a few days. So she figured she could drop off her quilts, and then when they were finished I could mail them back to her, as we'd done in the past.

But since her quilting requests were so simple and straight forward - edge-to-edge quilting, my choice of motif - I suggest that we try to send them home with her finished, on this very trip! I was able to leaf-frog her order ahead of others (feeling confident the owners wouldn't mind) and did this two-quilt order on the fly! She dropped them off to me immediately upon her arrival, and I texted her a few days later to let her know they were ready for her to pick up. Yay! I love it when a plan comes together!

This quilt was a lovely Irish-chain-like pattern, with lots of great colors and prints. For the quilting motif, I used overlapping swirls. I think it's fun and funky and great!






No comments:

Post a Comment