Friday, December 29, 2017

I-Spy for Grownups

These two quilts were made for sons that have recently moved into the adult world. They both went off to university this fall, and while they were away, their mom worked tirelessly on these surprises for their Christmas trip home.

Susan had been collecting these fabrics for YEARS, and I suspect that she actually made a few of them herself! I noticed a couple of swatches that looked like they had some kind of iron-on prints. There were SO many great finds in these pieces. I have no idea where she procured all of these rare fabrics. They're so great! Each quilt was specific to each son, showcasing prints or themes that were of particular interest to them. As I was quilting, I felt like I was playing a game of I-Spy! My fav piece: Stuart Maclean's Vinyl Cafe!

I quilted these quilts with an edge-to-edge woodgrain motif. It's hardly even noticeable on the front side, with all those great fabric swatches to catch your eye! I put a couple shots of the backside below, on which the quilting is more identifiable. Merry Christmas!












No comments:

Post a Comment